Best Practices (Christina Madden)
What we do: Work with CGA members and industry statkeholders to review and recommend best practices suitable for Minnesota.
Why we do it: To keep our families, ourselves, and the public safe.
How we do it:
- Continually communicate positively and effectively with all stakeholders in underground utility protection
- Consistently share knowledge, ideas and experiences to enhance the excavation industry
- Develop and moderate a web forum to discuss thoughts, concerns, and questions of all stakeholders
- Develop networks with more stakeholders in excavation, contracting and municipal groups
- Identify best practices that may relate to the new PHMSA excavation rule Part 196 (2016‐2017)
- Enhance public safety though input and advocacy of MS216D stakeholder review (2016‐2017)
BP5-2 - Proposed verbaige for white marking in winter conditions has been moved forward by the national CGA Best Practices group for further consideration.
We will give a monthly email update on the status of the goals for each group and meet quarterly to discuss goals and any additional items. These updates will be forwarded to the CGA officers. Each group leader will give an update at the CGA meetings.
Committee Meeting Minutes